1. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
5. American Horror Story Asylum
7. The Bride Of Frankenstein
8. Planet Of The Apes
9. Night Of The Living Dead
Honorable Mention: Invasion Of The Body Snatchers - Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein - Hostel - The Birds - North By Northwest - Night Of The Living Dead - The Langoliers - The Blob
Producer Ryan Poole's Favorite Scary Movies:
1. Scream (Franchise)
2. The Cabin in the Woods
3. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Saw III
7. The Descent/ Trick R' Treat
9. The Excorist
10. Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence)
Honorable Mention: Troll Hunter - Hostel - Evil Dead (Franchise) - The Conjouring - 1408 - Grave Encounters (1 and 2) - The Shining - The Mummy - The Omen (2006)
What's your favorite scary movie? Let us know over at ourFacebook page!
Kyle Williams as Richard Simmons and his wife Jill as Jane Fonda? Yep…those are their Halloween costumes for this year, as she let slip on today’s Better Half Of the Bills! We also got a great look into the morning routine for an NFL wife, (it’s not much different than any family with 4 kids!), a road trip from New Orleans, and an introduction to their latest family member, 5 month old Grey!
Beyonce jumped over 600 ft from a skyscraper in Auckland, New Zealand. To put it in context, the CN Tower is over 1800 feet tall! Wondering if that's what's next for her, and if her record company that has millions of dollars invested in her is happy with her doing this. And does Jay Z have the insurance premiums piad up?
Lou recently had a liver transplant, and apparently his body was having a tough time with the process,Rolling Stone Magazine reports.We bet everyone remembers the first time they heard Walk On The WIld Side, or Sweet Jane. They screamed dark, dank, early 70's New York City.
Wow...this will break your heart and make you feel great at the same time! What courage these kids and doctors have, and what a perfect song to empower them. Rob Lucas In The Morning sends thoughts to all kids in Buffalo hospitals. The New York Daily News has the story behind the video.
If you're at a wedding anytime between, oh, now and 2020, chances are you'll hear John Legend's "All Of Me" at some point during the night, probably even as the first dance. It's the latest, greatest, make a girl cry song. The story behind the video is pretty cool. The girl in it is John's real life model wife (wow John Legend able to snag a model...how surprising!). Some of the scenes are from their actual wedding! The New York Daily News has the full "All Of Me" video story.
Thanks to Cheryl Stone for pointing this out in a Facebook post. I liked it so much, I just had to share. Agreat article featured on the website Viralnova,written by a guy who got divorced after 16 years of marriage. Feel bad for him...seems like he's watching his wife with another man from afar, after he drove her away. You wouldn’t normally think that a divorced man would give good advice on being a husband, but this man has been through enough hardship to know what is worth fighting for:
MARRIAGE ADVICE I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD:
Obviously, I’m not a relationship expert. But there’s something about my divorce being finalized this week that gives me perspective of things I wish I would have done different… After losing a woman that I loved, and a marriage of almost 16 years, here’s the advice I wish I would have had…
1) Never stop courting. Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would OWN HER HEART and to fiercely protect it. This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. SHE CHOSE YOU. Never forget that, and NEVER GET LAZY in your love.
2) PROTECT YOUR OWN HEART. Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance. Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife. Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.
3) FALL IN LOVE OVER and OVER and OVER again. You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other everyday. SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.
4) ALWAYS SEE THE BEST in her. Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love. Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.
5) IT’S NOT YOUR JOB TO CHANGE OR FIX HER… your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing. And if she changes, love what she becomes, whether it’s what you wanted or not.
6) TAKE FULL ACCOUNTABILITY for your own emotions: It’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she CAN’T make you sad. You are responsible for finding your own happiness, and through that your joy will spill over into your relationship and your love.
7) NEVER BLAME your wife If YOU get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU. They are YOUR emotions, and your responsibility. When you feel those feelings take time to get present and to look within and understand what it is inside of YOU that is asking to be healed. You were attracted to this woman because she was the person best suited to trigger all of your childhood wounds in the most painful way so that you could heal them… when you heal yourself, you will no longer be triggered by her, and you will wonder why you ever were.
Allow your woman to JUST BE. When she’s sad or upset, it’s not your job to fix it, it’s your job to HOLD HER and let her know it’s ok. Let her know that you hear her, and that she’s important and that you are that pillar on which she can always lean. The feminine spirit is about change and emotion and like a storm her emotions will roll in and out, and as you remain strong and unjudging she will trust you and open her soul to you… DON’T RUN-AWAY WHEN SHE’S UPSET. Stand present and strong and let her know you aren’t going anywhere. Listen to what she is really saying behind the words and emotion.
9) BE SILLY… don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.
10) FILL HER SOUL EVERYDAY… learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED. Ask her to create a list of 10 THINGS that make her feel loved and memorize those things and make it a priority everyday to make her feel like a queen.
11) BE PRESENT. Give her not only your time, but your focus, your attention and your soul. Do whatever it takes to clear your head so that when you are with her you are fully WITH HER. Treat her as you would your most valuable client. She is.
12) BE WILLING TO TAKE HER SEXUALLY, to carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.
13) DON’T BE AN IDIOT…. And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she. Try not to make too big of mistakes, and learn from the ones you do make. You’re not supposed to be perfect, just try to not be too stupid.
14) GIVE HER SPACE… The woman is so good at giving and giving, and sometimes she will need to be reminded to take time to nurture herself. Sometimes she will need to fly from your branches to go and find what feeds her soul, and if you give her that space she will come back with new songs to sing…. (okay, getting a little too poetic here, but you get the point. Tell her to take time for herself, ESPECIALLY after you have kids. She needs that space to renew and get re-centered, and to find herself after she gets lost in serving you, the kids and the world.)
15) BE VULNERABLE… you don’t have to have it all together. Be willing to share your fears and feelings, and quick to acknowledge your mistakes.
16) BE FULLY TRANSPARENT. If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don’t know i she will like what she finds… Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.
17) NEVER STOP GROWING TOGETHER… The stagnant pond breeds malaria, the flowing stream is always fresh and cool. Atrophy is the natural process when you stop working a muscle, just as it is if you stop working on your relationship. Find common goals, dreams and visions to work towards.
18) DON’T WORRY ABOUT MONEY. Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it. It never helps when teammates fight. Figure out ways to leverage both persons strength to win.
19) FORGIVE IMMEDIATELY and focus on the future rather than carrying weight from the past. Don’t let your history hold you hostage. Holding onto past mistakes that either you or she makes, is like a heavy anchor to your marriage and will hold you back. FORGIVENESS IS FREEDOM. Cut the anchor loose and always choose love.
20) ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. In the end, this is the only advice you need. If this is the guiding principle through which all your choices is governed, there is nothing that will threaten the happiness of your marriage. Love will always endure.
In the end MARRIAGE isn’t about Happily ever after. It’s about work. And a commitment to grow together and a willingness to continually invest in creating something that can endure eternity. Through that work, the happiness will come.
Marriage is life, and it will bring ups and downs. Embracing all of the cycles and learning to learn from and love each experience will bring the strength and perspective to keep building, one brick at a time.
These are lessons I learned the hard way. These are lessons I learned too late.
But these are lessons I am learning and committed in carrying forward. Truth is, I LOVED being married, and in time, I will get married again, and when I do, I will build it with a foundation that will endure any storm and any amount of time.
If you are reading this and find wisdom in my pain, share it those those young husbands whose hearts are still full of hope, and with those couples you may know who may have forgotten how to love. One of those men may be like I was, and in these hard earned lessons perhaps something will awaken in him and he will learn to be the man his lady has been waiting for.
The woman that told him ‘I do’, and trusted her life with him, has been waiting for this man to step up.
If you are reading this and your marriage isn’t what you want it to be, take 100% responsibility for YOUR PART in marriage, regardless of where your spouse is at, and commit to applying these lessons while there is time.
MEN- THIS IS YOUR CHARGE : Commit to being an EPIC LOVER. There is no greater challenge, and no greater prize. Your woman deserves that from you.
Be the type of husband your wife can’t help but brag about.
Katy Perry's latest album, 'Prism,' came out this week, and now she is the cover girl of W Magazine! Click the link to watch the video and listen to her open up to W Editor at Large Lynn Hirschberg about her celebrity crush, going to therapy, the meaning behind her songs and more. It's all in W's November 2013 Issue
OMG!!! Forget talking about the Bills-Dolphins game, being on safari sleeping with Zebra in Tanzania, or getting ready for Halloween…The Sanborns are having a baby, and made the announcement on today’s Better Half Of The Bills!
In the midst of one of their worst starts ever, the Sabres veterans tried to shake up practice a little bit with rookie initiation! Is it possible to twerk on skates..? Looks like Miley has nothing to worry about!
Pet owner's always want the best for their furry friends! And there is nothing worse than picking out a toy that your pet won't play with. Whether you have a cat, dog, bird or hamster Woman's Day has the 8 Best Pet Toys! Everything from Kitty Cone Cat Nip to Birdie Bowling, these toys will make you your pet's best friend!
Alisha Smith, wife of Bills TE #85 checked in with Sue O'Neil this morning about life as an NFL wife! They've been busy with four kids including a newborn. If you love shopping you'll soon catch her shopping in boutiques on Main Street or down on Elmwood!
Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to start getting your costume ready (or costumes if you go as a group). However, you might be at a stalemate with your friends/family or you're just creatively stuck. Check out our comphrensive list of some of the trendist, simplest and weirdest costumes.
Shea's Performing Arts Centers 2013-14 Broadway Season kicks off this week with GHOST, THE MUSICAL, and rolls through June of next year culminating with EVITA. Along the way, WAR HORSE, PORGY AND BESS, THE GRINCH, and ONCE make their way onto the Shea's stage, along with special return engagements of WICKED, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and more!
Broadway Partner/Producer (and we're proud to say one of our pals) Albert Nocciolino, stopped by to give us a preview of the season. Warning! This is NOT your average "theatre talk" for theatre people only! Rob and Al are famous for going off on tangents, including hitting the latest phases of Shea's renovations, and why the show ONCE, which Rob knew nothing about, certainly seems like a made-for-Buffalo show...where you can drink on stage during intermission and after the show! Listen for some things you may not have known about Shea's, and the Broadway line-up, then get tickets at sheas.org!
RLITM congrats Kim and Dave Lipp of Cheektowaga, winners of the 2013 Fall Napa Flyaway! Tuesday night at Protocol they beat out 44 other Star fans to win a Napa California getaway to party with Gavin DeGraw, The Jonas Brothers, Five For Fighting and more! When Dave's phone rang with the winning call he screamed "YEA BABY WE'RE GOIN TO NAPA". It was that point where we realized he has an old school flip phone! Maybe now he can upgrade before the trip. We asked him if he was on Twitter he pointed to his phone and said "are you kidding me"? Safe travels to Dave and Kim, and be listening starting next March for our Spring Napa Flyaway!
Whitney Kolb, wife of Bills QB Kevin Kolb checked in this morning to talk about the life of an NFL wife. She shared the rollercoaster ride her family has been on including living in 3 cities over 7 years, and Kevin's serious injuries. Bills fans won't want to miss her comparison of our city to Philidelphia and how heart breaking it was to hear her husband was hurt again. At home the Kolb kids have their Halloween costume ideas ready for their first Buffalo trick-or-treat experience!
If you've stopped by and said "Hi!" at any of our Bills tailgate parties, chances are we've gotten into a conversation about the tailgating experience of the future. As part of the new lease deal, the Bills and us (taxpayers) are investing in a major construction process that will begin as soon as this season ends. It will result in a whole new "front door" for the stadium, and something the Ralph has sorely been lacking, an area to congregate and hang before the game while being in the stadium, but not in your seats. There simply is nothing like that right now... Once you get into the stadium, it's either you're in line at the consession stand or in your seats.
The Mascot cheers a FG attempt that wasn't even close, and the stadium production crew blows it too, playing the Dolphins fight song after the miss. Does it make it sweeter that this happened in Miami?
The Dolphins mascot, named “T.D.,” was all hyped up and ready to celebrate as Miami kicker lined up for a game-tying field late in the fourth quarter on Sunday. The snap came back, the hold came down and the kick was up … and it looked good initially. So good, that T.D. threw his flippers over his head to signal “good.” Then he proceeded to break into applause.
Here’s the thing: The kick sailed wide left. Poor T.D. quickly realized his error and stopped in his tracks. All he could do was watch as the Ravens took a knee and escaped with a 26-23 victory. Awkward. But in all fairness, you can’t throw a lot of scorn on the poor mascot. Even the people working at the stadium were apparently confused.
Vodka is Americans most popular libation, accounting for almost 20 to 25 per cent of spirite sales. No wonder, aside from wines, its usually the second biggest department of any liquor store. The word vodka stems from the Russian word, voda, which means water...."The Water of Life!"
What's your favorite vodka brand? How do you drink it? Straight up & neat, on the rocks, or with a mixer...
In 2012, Americans ate 4.5 billion tacos! That’s 490,000 miles of tacos, which could take you to the moon and back or, if you prefer, could, at 775-million pounds, equal the weight of two Empire State Buildings.
The word taco is the Mexican equivalent of the English word sandwich. The tortilla, which is made of corn or wheat, is wrapped or folded around a filling that is generally made of spiced proteins such as beef, pork or fish.
Who's got the best Taco's in Buffalo...the best in the Nation?
Wanna try something new and different with your tacos! Hit these hot taco links:
The National Toy Hall of Fame has released their 2013 nominee list. Bubbles, chess, board game Clue, Fisher-Price Little People, little green Army men, the Magic 8 Ball, My Little Pony, Nerf toys, the Pac-Man video game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the scooter and the rubber duck are all nominated.
"What toy do you think should be in the Toy Hall of Fame?"
"Have you ever stood in line for a toy? If so, what, and how long did you wait?"
If the early bird gets the worm, what does the night owl get? According to a recent study, “sleep disturbances, vulnerability to depression and higher consumption of nicotine and alcohol.” The study is the first to hint at what brain differences might underlie a person’s so-called chronotype—their natural tendencies toward sleeping and waking.
Chronotypes fall into three categories—early, late or intermediate. About 10 percent of people have early chronotypes; 20 percent are naturally late risers, and the rest fall somewhere in the middle. But chronotypes indicate more than just when a person rolls out of bed. Studies have shown chronotype-related differences in hormones, lifestyles and brain functions between individuals. But are there differences in the brains themselves?
To find out, researchers in Germany hooked up 16 early birds, 23 night owls and 20 middle-of-the-roaders to a diffusion MRI machine to see what was going on inside their heads.
Turns out the night owls’ white matter was in worse condition than their earlier-rising counterparts, especially in areas associated with sadness and depression, according to the results published in Science Direct. One of the researchers told New Scientist,
“We think this could be caused by the fact that late chronotypes suffer from this permanent jet lag.”
The misery of jet lag without the joy of travel? Sounds like a pretty bad deal. But identifying the brain mechanism responsible may help scientists understand, at a molecular level, what makes mornings so miserable for some—and midnights abhorrent for others—and therefore find ways for us to behaviorally or chemically make our days a little better.
Leslie Wood, wife of Bills center Eric Wood checked in this morning to talk about the life of an NFL wife. She dished about why she and Eric decided to stay in Buffalo when they could have become free agents, how they have to pay for the tickets they get for relatives and friends, and how they're the proud champion's of Ilio DiPaolo's annual Bacci Ball tournament!