These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo LLC d/b/a WTSS-FM STAR 102.5 (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Pkwy Suite 200 Buffalo, NY 14226 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:30pm) and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.mystar1025.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Visit our website from Monday, October 14, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. EST through Friday November 1, 2013 at 11:59p.m. EST, and submit, in 102 words or less, your story telling us why your child or teenager in your life (who must be 12 years of age or older (“Child Nominee”) deserves the “Wise Kids That Make Us Smile” grand prize from Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics, and how they are making wise decisions in their life. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older and the parent or legal guardian of the Child Nominee. The story need not be truthful, except to the extent of satisfying the eligibility requirements under these Contest rules (including but not limited to being parent or legal guardian of Child Nominee). Entries MUST contain the entrant’s complete legal name, address, email address and daytime and evening telephone number. PLEASE NOTE ENTRIES THAT CONTAIN MORE THAN 102 WORDS WILL NOT BE DISQUALIFIED, BUT WE WILL ONLY READ THE FIRST 102 WORDS OF ANY ENTRY SUBMITTED. Entries may be submitted in the following way and must be received by Friday, November 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.:
- By submitting a story, entrants affirm that the entry is original and does not contain any copyrighted, plagiarized or defamatory material and agree that Sponsors may read any entry submitted on the air (in whole or in part, edited or unedited) and use entries as the subject of commentary, humorous or otherwise. By entering this contest, entrants waive any right to make any claim against Sponsors with respect to any disparaging or other comment made on-air about such entrant’s entry and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Station and Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics harmless from any and all claims, demands, complaints, loss, damage or expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees) resulting from the information/content contained in each entrant’s entry about themselves, their Child Nominee or any other person mentioned or referenced therein (including, without limitation, if the information/content is communicated by Station or Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics verbatim or in any paraphrased form).
How to Win
- On or about November 4, 2013, WTSS-FM employees, including some or all members of the "Rob Lucas in the Morning Show" along with the company involved in this contest or other persons Station elects to appoint as judges (collectively, the “Judges”) will review all of the entries (only the first 102 words) and select up to one (1) Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules. The selection of winner will be made in the sole discretion of the Judges, on any lawful criteria they deems desirable, and is not subject to dispute or appeal. The winner will be announced on the “Rob Lucas in the Morning Show” on or about November 5, 2013. Winner need not be listening and will be contacted via telephone at 12:00pm on date of on-air announcement.
- The Grand Prize winner will be required to: (1) sign a Station release and statement of eligibility as described in Section 7 below and (2) contact Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics (“Doctor”) for an initial consultation for their Child Nominee within 30 days of being acknowledged as the Grand Prize winner at his office located at 13 Hopkins Road in Williamsville.
- The Grand Prize Winner’s Child Nominee must be medically eligible for the potential treatment. The Grand Prize is intended for the Grand Prize Winner’s Child Nominee only and no other person, including the Grand Prize Winner. The nature, extent and number of any required exams to determine such eligibility shall be in the Doctor’s sole discretion. The determination of whether the winning Child Nominee is medically eligible for the potential treatment shall be determined solely by the Doctor. In the event that the winning Child Nominee is determined not to be medically eligible, the Doctor will notify WTSS-FM such fact and the Grand Prize Winner will forfeit the Grand Prize on behalf of Child Nominee. In no event will WTSS-FM be required to select another Grand Prize Winner or Child Nominee.
- Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign a Release of Liability Agreement and Affidavit of Eligibility (collectively, “Releases”) that, among other things, relieves WTSS, Entercom Buffalo, LLC, Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics and the facility at which the service or consultation are performed and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, officers, director and affiliated companies from any and all liability with respect to the receipt and/or use of any of the prizes and participation in the contest. If Grand Prize Winner refuses to sign or does not return the Releases to WTSS, as instructed, on or before 5 days after Grand Prize Winner’s receipt of the release, the Grand Prize is forfeited and the Grand Prize Winner is disqualified. Sponsors are NOT obligated to select an alternative Grand Prize Winner or Child Nominee.
- Subject to the eligibility requirements described in these contest rules, up to one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $4,999 towards traditional braces or Invisalign for his or her Child Nominee. Decision between traditional braces and Invisalign will be made collectively between Grand Prize Winner on behalf of Child Nominee and Doctor (in the event the winner is under 18 years old) and will be based on medical eligibility. Any expenses above $4,999 will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
- The scheduling of treatment and any necessary preliminary or post appointments will be based on availability.
- The Grand Prize is only redeemable by the Grand Prize Winner on behalf of his or her Child Nomniee and only for services rendered in
- 3985 Main St. Amherst, NY 14226
- 13 Hopkins Rd. Williamsville, NY 14221
- 5681 Transit Rd. Clarence, NY 14051
- 2047 Baseline Rd. Grand Island, NY 14072
- 36 Columbia Ave. Depew, NY 14043
- In addition to all other rules, required releases, and restrictions described in or through these contest rules, by entering this contest all entrants are deemed to acknowledge and agree that (1) the decision to undertake any dental, medical, surgical or similar procedure is a serious decision and that there may be significant health risks, including, without limitation, death, and (2) that Sponsors and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, officers, director and affiliated companies assume no responsibility, risk or liability for any results, conditions or consequences, directly or indirectly arising from any surgical procedures (including, without limitation, any associated exams, appointments, tests, preliminary or follow-up procedures or appointments) associated with this contest.
- Regardless of the circumstances, there will be no cash alternatives for prizes. No transfer or assignment of the grand prize (or any part thereof) by the grand prize winner to another person is allowed.
- BY ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT CERTAIN HEALTH RISKS ARE INHERENT IN ANY PRIZE INVOLVING MEDICAL OR DENTAL PROCEDURES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOME OR ALL OF THE HEALTH RISKS INCLUDED IN THOSE DOCUMENTS ATTACHED HERETO AS ATTACHMENT A. Please note that Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign on behalf of his or her Child Nominee, among other things, one or more of the consent agreements attached hereto as Attachment A (as applicable) “as is” and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of all or the affected portion of any prize in this contest, as determined by Station and/or Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics in their sole discretion.
- The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo LLC and Dr. Douglas Wright and Associates at Owl Orthodontics.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
- All times in these rules are local Buffalo, NY time.