Star 102.5 Live in the Vineyard 2014
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WTSS ( “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.mystar1025.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Starting February 26, 2014 through March 7, 2014, follow us on Twitter at @mystar1025 and we will tweet the ‘Live in the Vineyard Song of the Day’ between 6am and 7am each morning. The tweet will contain the name of the song as well as the artist who sings it for that particular day. Each contesting day, that day’s tweeted song will be played up to six times per day between 6am and 6pm. Immediately after that day’s song starts playing (must be a full song on Station, not a song clip or hook or portion of a song used in an intro, promotional announcement or advertisement that airs), the 11th caller at 716-644-1025 wins the qualifying prize described below and has a chance to participate in the Grand Prize Event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules (“Qualifier”). Only calls received at the preceding phone number are eligible to participate in this contest. Only the song as performed by the specific artist named as the performer of the day’s tweeted song in this this contest will qualify as winning opportunities. Each contesting day, the tweeted song will play up to 6 times per day over a 10 day contesting period but in no event will there be more than a total of 40 Qualifiers.
3. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streaming broadcasts.
4. A person may only become a Qualifier once in this Contest. Qualifiers cannot transfer or assign their qualifying spots to other persons.
How to Win
6. Upon checking in, each Registered Qualifier will be randomly assigned a colored and numbered bracelet. The Grand Prize Event will begin at approximately 6:30pm. Each colored bracelet will correspond to one of four Station Representatives that will each be holding an empty wine bottle with colored ribbon on it. The ribbon colors will match the bracelet colors. Registered Qualifiers will line up next to the Station Representative holding the wine bottle with the ribbon color that matches their bracelet color. When Station host gives signals, Station Representatives will tip over and shake their empty wine bottles. One of those bottles will contain confetti. The up to 10 Registered Qualifiers with the colored bracelet that corresponds to the color of the ribbon on the bottle containing the confetti will be deemed “Semi-Finalists” and move on to the next round. Registered Qualifiers wearing any other color wristband will be eliminated from the contest.
7. Next, the up to 10 Semi-Finalists will line up according to their wristband number, starting with the lowest number. One at a time, the Semi-Finalists will step forward and randomly choose one wine cork out of the official container holding up to 10 corks. The number of corks will equal in number the number of Semi-Finalists in this group. When Station host gives signal, Semi-Finalists will look at the bottom of their selected corks. The up to 5 Semi-Finalists who selected the corks with a specific Station-designated mark on the bottom will be deemed Finalists and move on to the next round. Semi-Finalists who did not select specifically marked corks are eliminated from the contest.
8. Next, the up to five Finalists will either write down the number of the cell phone they currently possess or be provided a cell phone and number from the Station. Once all five Finalists have a cell phone and the corresponding cell phone numbers are in container, Station host will randomly select one cell phone number out of container and hand number over to a Station representative. Station Representative will take the selected phone number into a separate room and then call that one phone number. When a Finalist answers, they will hear a station personality congratulating them on winning the Live in the Vineyard trip. The Finalist who receives the phone call and congratulations message will be deemed Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules), and the contest shall be immediately over.
9. All Contest participants hereby agrees to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Grand Prize Event and understands that any intentional failure to comply with these Contest rules or procedures or instructions given by Station staff or any attempt to trade, purchase, or otherwise procure a wristband or cork other than that which each participant initially selected will result in immediate disqualification. In no event will any “deal-making” between participants be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this Contest.
10. The Grand Prize Winner must provide WTSS with all documentation and sign all required paperwork required by Station by 5pm on March 14, 2014 and failure to do so for any reason may result in disqualification (in Station’s sole discretion). In the event of disqualification of the initially selected Grand Prize Winner for any reason, the prize may be re-awarded (time permitting) to one of the remaining 4 Finalists by random drawing. Any such alternate Grand Prize Winner must comply with the requirements in these rules and this Section 10 by 3pm on March 15, 2014 and failure to do so may result in disqualification (in Station’s sole discretion). In the event that the alternate Grand Prize Winner (if any) is disqualified for any reason, there will be no winner and no Grand Prize will be awarded.
11. Up to 40 qualifying prizes will be awarded in this contest. Each verified Qualifier will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Protocol Restaurant and an evening for two at the Winemakers Evening at Protocol Restaurant located at 6766 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221 on March 13, 2014. Total value is $39.
12 .Up to one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The verified Grand Prize winner in this contest will receive a trip for two (2) valued at approximately $3,000 to “Live in the Vineyard” April 3-6. 2014 including:
a. Airfare for two/roundtrip from Buffalo, NY to one of the bay area airports (depending on lowest cost/availability) – San Francisco, Sacramento OR Oakland airports. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary.
b. Hotel room for three (3) nights at the Napa River Inn (www.napariverinn.com) (one room, double occupancy. Room only. Tax, gratuities and incidental expenses are not included in the prize. Winner or his/her guest may be required to provide a valid credit card at check-in).
c. Two (2) exclusive tickets for multiple private acoustic concerts throughout the event in Napa Valley, CA on April 4th, 5th and 6th, 2014.
d. Two (2) passes to tour Sutter Home Winery.
e. Special Winner Gift Bag with promotional items from participating labels and sponsors
g. Ground transportation will be provided to/from all sanctioned Live in the Vineyard events. Winner and guest will be responsible for their own ground transportation from San Francisco, Sacramento, or Oakland airport to Napa River Inn and their return transportation from the inn to the airport and all other ground transportation to/from all non-Live in the Vineyard sanctioned events. Ground transportation may be subject to change at any point prior to or during the event without penalty
h. Travel companion may be required to sign one or more liability release agreement by Station required deadline in order to travel. Travel companion must be 21 years of age or older.
i. Please see WTSS’s General Contest Rules for further restrictions applicable to this prize.
13. The sponsors of this contest are Entercom Buffalo, LLC, Southwest Airlines, Enterprise Rent A Car, Sutter Home Winery, Aloft Hotels, VH1, Kitchen Aid, Musicians On Call, Pure Luxury Transportation and 10 Strawberry Street.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
14. Both Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must be 21 or older by February 26, 2014.